The baby is real! We got to see our kiddo today! We had our first doctor's appointment, and it included an ultrasound! For those of you who aren't quite sure how to tell what's what (like my dad) the big circle in the center of the picture is the head; just to the right of that is the baby's arm sticking up; and just to the right of that you can barely make out its leg. Here's what we found out, officially:The baby measures 1.57 cm from head to tail (see the plus sign indicators). This is exactly 8 weeks on the doctor's measurement scale. According to my cycle, I am 7 weeks 6 days pregnant, so my official due date is March 19, 2009!
We also got to see the flicker of the heartbeat, hear the heartbeat, and see the waves on the heartbeat monitor. It's heartbeat was 158 bpm.
We go back for our next appt. on Sept. 2nd. We'll keep you updated! Thanks for checking in on us!




4 comments:
Wasn't it just amazing to hear and see!
Awwww!!! I already love baby westbrook!!!!! Presley can't wait to play with her new cousin!
Wow, Lisa and Keith this makes it so real for you. I know it's such an exciting feeling. Oh, by the way did you hear that heart beat saying I love mumsie. I love you, mom
How sweet! Congratulations, Lisa! They have really sweet ultrasound picture frames at EMily ANn's, you need one!
Post a Comment