Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Layla's Five Month Pictures

These pictures were taken on August 7th. There were so many good pictures, but these are the only three we bought. When you look at the collage, be sure to notice the center picture on the side. This is the look she kept giving us for the entire session. We just lucked out and snapped a few other looks.

Layla's Five Month Pictures


I can't believe how fast she's growing and growing up.

She now:
*holds on to you when you are walking
*has a very strong grip, especially on hair
*rolls all the way from front to back
*rolls 7/8 of the way from back to front before giving up and rolling back to her back
*eats rice cereal well, most days
*has tried all the vegetables (loved green beans and sweet potatoes most, like carrots least)
*is working on trying all the fruits (loves pears)
*laughs, coos, and chatters a lot
*turns her head around to look at you when you sit her in your lap
*enjoys playing with Madi and Abby at the sitter's (and Madi loves Layla)
*still drools constantly
*blows bubbles all the time, and will shower you if you're facing her and close enough.

After 5 amazing months at home with my sweet baby girl, I had to return to work on August 11th. We were fortunate to find an in-home sitter, and Layla started with her that day. Of course, Mommy was heart-broken and cried like a baby and Layla was just fine. She enjoys her time with Mrs. Denise, and she gets to play with Madi (3 yrs) and Abby (1 yr) every day and they love playing with her. They both get so excited when I walk in the door with her every morning, and they hug/kiss her goodbye every day when I pick her up. All this helps make it much easier on me to leave her there 5 days a week. I've always wanted to be a Stay-at-Home Mom, but since My Love is also a teacher, that just isn't an option. But, our God is so awesome and He has helped me through this way better than I thought it would go. Thank you Lord for Your peace and comfort! :)

Again, sorry it's been so long since I posted. And again, I'll try to post more often but I won't promise. Since the last post, Layla has swam in Greer's Ferry Lake, the Big Piney River, and the Atlantic Ocean. And, she's flown to Florida and back. She was quite the traveler this summer and did great! To see pictures from our trip to Florida to visit Dallas, Cindy, and Presley, click on "Gipsons on the Rocks" and you'll find them on Cindy's blog.

I love her so much and can't imagine life without her. :) Til later...

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I can't believe she is already 5 months old!! They do grow fast and they learn so quickly too!!

Amy Barrett said...

What a CUTIE!!!! Ella is singing your LAyla song as she looks at the pictures of the "tute baby."