Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Spring Break, so far

Well, I'm on Spring Break this week and loving it! It's definitely nice to sleep in for a week. I left Sunday afternoon and drove down to Benton to visit Keith's family. I am so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws that I get along with so well. I enjoyed my time there very much and definitely could have enjoyed more time there. But, I had to come back.

I had planned for Tuesday to sleep in, visit there some more, go spend time with his sister Katie and my precious niece, Lucy, and then come home some time that evening. But, my plans got changed just a bit because Keith's truck wouldn't start that morning so my dad had to take him to work (30 minutes away from the city we live in)...so I needed to be at his work to pick him up when he got off. Therefore, as soon as I got up I had to quickly shower, pack up, and get out. I did get to stop by and visit Katie and Lucy for a little bit, but not near long enough. But, it was still a great trip and I'm glad I went!

And, my dad (being the amazing and incredibly helpful man that he is) spent part of his day fixing our truck for us and then driving it around for the rest of his errands to make sure that what he fixed was the only problem (battery needed replaced, not the starter as we feared). And, he helped with some other stuff around our house that needed done and cleaned up. I love my dad and am so appreciative for him and all he does to help us!

3 comments:

gipsonsontherocks said...

I am glad you had a great spring break and I am glad that you enjoy your in-laws! That is a great thing!!

Crystal said...

Next time you are around here, please call and stop by! We would love for you to visit!! I am on Spring Break this week!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

I enjoyed my spring break last week. I had a bet with Marc as to who could be lazier. I was too lazy to call him and tell him that I won. Dogs really enjoyed having Mommy home all day; they are not happy this week.
Angel