Thursday, June 12, 2008

Keith is Doing Better

Hello all! Well, Keith is finally getting better. Sunday night, June 1st, we spent almost 3 hrs in the Emergency Room. He had severe pain in his right ear that hit rather suddenly and very intensely...it's got to be bad if Keith says "take me to the Emergency Room." And it was. As soon as the doctor looked in his ear, she asked how he was staying so calm and functioning so well. It looked so bad that she said he should be balled up crying with pain. She called it a middle ear infection and sent him home with 2 prescriptions. On Friday we went to his regular doctor for another appointment, b/c Keith was not satisfied with his progress. He gave him another prescription to go with his diagnosis - something long and complicated that I've already forgotten, but it boiled down to the fact that his allergies and sinuses have been so bad that they irritated his eustachian tube, which messes with the pressure inside his ear and causes the pain and loss of hearing or magnified hearing. (I think I remembered all that correctly, but if a medical someone is reading this and it doesn't make sense, then I probably remembered it wrong). He is now through with all the medications and the pain is all gone (YEA!), but his hearing is still not 100%, it's much better, just not totally fixed yet. So, we'll see where we go from here. Some of you know Keith enough to know he has amazing hearing (I can't ever mumble from anywhere in the house b/c he'll hear it, no matter where he is.) So for him to not be able to hear like that again, is driving him crazy and frustrating him quite a bit. Time will tell. If it doesn't fix itself soon, I'm sure we'll be back at a doctor's office. I hope all is well for all of you reading this. Take care and thanks for checking in on us!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

my goodness! I am glad that he is doing better now. It could be a good thing that he can't hear you from across the house. Take advantage of that girl!! Love you guys!