So...many of you already know this, but to some of you it might be new news - Keith and I don't know what we're going to name our baby girl any more. We thought we were certain about Layla Scout, but now we're not so sure. We have many reasons for the possible change. And, this is something we've been talking about for a while now - probably a month or more.
We've known our boys name for a long time now and not waivered on it. The girls name was a much more long and drawn out process, but we finally came up with something we both liked. Still yet, when we found out that our baby was a girl, I tried to get Keith to keep the name a secret (in case something like this happened). But Keith can't keep a secret, so we told. Well...now we're having to go back and retell everyone that might not be true anymore.
We have other possibilities and Layla Scout isn't 100% out of the picture yet, but who knows when we'll pick one. Maybe after she's born and we have to pick one to be released from the hospital...haha! Hopefully we'll settle on one before then, but who knows. Only God knows and time will reveal the answer to the rest of us, eventually.
Also, because of this new news I've updated the songs on the player below. I was told I needed to remove Layla from the playlist since that might not be her name anymore. And, I changed it so you have to press play to hear the songs (to help out those on dial-up internet, like my parents).
Has anyone else ever had this naming problem or are we alone in this? Just wondering.
7 years ago




4 comments:
By our 3rd and with my naming system, names were impossible so we made ours a game. We had 5 choices and let everyone vote. The winner was the one I wanted anyway so that is the one we picked. It was a lot of fun! Good luck!
I know that it will be hard, espcially both of you being teachers. You always a remember a kid with that name, whether bad or good!
James and I struggled with our girl name too. We had two to choose from in the end and went with Ella Claire. Now I can't see her as anything else! My sister always struggles with picking names!! She is the queen of not having a baby name until the hospital day! :) It will come to you and you will know that it is right when you see your baby girl. Good Luck!!
Yes, I am the queen. I remember very disticntly my sister saying the day after jaxon was born, "We are leaving this room, and when i come back in you better have a name picked out, cause I am not going back home showing pictures and telling people, "the baby doesn't have a name yet".
We even had to ask the Social security people to come back cause we didnt have a name picked out yet. We struggled with each child on their name. We even resulted in putting the names in a bowl and drawing one. Of coure that really did help cause we realized which ones we weren't really fond of and which ones we really liked. Of course you could always name her Amanda, after your favorite cousin;) Take your time. You do not have to know until you get ready to leave the hospital!
Don't worry hun! This is your experience and everyones experience is unique! This will just be a great story to tell your little lady when she is older! We struggled with names. It eventually will just settle with you. Even if it is the night she is born! Don't stress!!! Ok, I know, easier said than done!!!! Good luck hun. Love you!
Post a Comment