Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Belly Pic & Baby Update

Here's me at 33 wks 6 days:



And so that you can see how she looks on me from the front:




I had another doctor's appt. Monday the 2nd. Her heartbeat was, again, 138 bpm. But don't let that fool you...she is a very active little girl.

I lost 1.3 pounds since my appt on Jan. 21st, and at that appt. I had lost 1.6 pounds since the appt on Jan. 5th. And, yes, I eat...plenty. This puts my total weight gain now at only 8.2 pounds (crazy, I know, for how big my belly is).

But my doctor said he's not worried about the losses since she's moving often and with force. Nevertheless, and probably just to ease my mind since I expressed my worry about it, when I go back on Feb. 19th he is going to have them do an ultrasound to check her growth and development. That's fine with me - it'll ease my mind a little more and I'll get to see her again. The sad thing is that Keith won't get to go with me to this appt. :( He'll be out of town that day and they didn't have any other afternoons available that week (and he's saving his few remaining sick days for when she's born). This will be the first ultrasound he'll miss. But, I'll have pictures and the video to bring home so he'll get to see all those. It's not totally the same, but it's better than nothing.

So, there's the latest update on the baby and I. Just pray for her to truly be okay and for me to be able to relax and trust my doctor's calmness on this. Right now, I'm pretty nervous/worried about it. We just want her to be healthy and all okay! Please join us in this prayer! Thanks!

3 comments:

thecreasycrew said...

I'll keep you guys in my prayers. That is part of mommy hood you never stop worrying about them and every little thing about them!

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

you look great...and like the previous post, it's just part of being a mommy to worry! i don't guess it ever stops! we'll be praying for you.

Crystal said...

Praying for you always!!! Can't wait to meet her! :)