Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Vocal Nodules Still

Well, today was my six-month check-up on my voice/vocal cords. Longtime readers might remember me blogging about this last April. I went for the first time to have them checked out last October and confirmed that I did have vocal nodules. So, he gave me a four-step treatment plan (to avoid surgery) and I went back in April for a check-up. In April, he was very pleased with my progress, told me to keep it up, and that he'd see me in another six months. That was today. And, today's appt did not go so well. I knew that I felt much worse than I did in April, and he confirmed I was right. My nodules have gotten worse, quite a bit actually. I knew I would hear this, but it's still disappointing. And, I know why they're worse. Last October, part of my treatment plan was to get a microphone for each room I taught in. So, I took this to my two principals, seperately of course. One immediately ordered a microphone and got it to me, and one said they would have our parent organization buy me one...and nothing ever came of that. So, I will go to that principal again with this new information and new instructions to get me a microphone, and hopefully communication will work better this time and I'll get one there too. We shall see. Last year wasn't so bad b/c the trailer I was in echoed really well. But, this year I'm in a new room (Yay!) that doesn't echo at all. It is a very dead room, acoustically, which causes me to have to project my voice constantly. Well, I'll go back again in April and we'll see what happens then. Till later!

1 comment:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

sorry to hear about your nodules getting worse. no fun i'm sure! hopefully your other principal will get right on getting you a microphone! hope that everything else is going well!!