Tuesday, October 21, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!!

The title says it all! Keith and I went to the doctor today and found out we're having a girl! We are SOO excited and just had to share our wonderful news with everyone! We can't wait for March when we all get to meet Layla Scout Westbrook in person! (We're about 99.9% sure this will be her full name.)

My GA is 18 wks 5 days and she measured 18 wks 6 days, so that's right on track. We got to see all four chambers of her heart and hear her heartbeat, which was 136 bpm. Layla was very active, but very cooperative for the nurse.

This is my favorite profile shot and the picture of her girl parts!

Profile shot with a leg sticking up/out:

Profile with arm up:

Sucking her thumb:

Sucking her thumb, again:

The skull shot:


So, all you Mommies out there (especially the ones with girls and boys) do you think it's pretty certain she's a girl, or do you think the ultrasound picture leaves a little room for doubt? To us, we think it's pretty certain, but this is our first child. Either way, we are just soo excited about becoming parents and can't wait to meet this blessing from God in person!

8 comments:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Yea!! A little girl...there is nothing like them! :) Her pictures are beautiful! I know you have to be so excited...and ready to start shopping! :)

Amy Barrett said...

Where do I start...

First of all, I am SOOO glad I was wrong at the guessing game because little girls are the best - I know, I have 3. I'm sure boys are sweet too, but it is so fun girlying up my sweeties! YAY!

Next, I love the name! Eva Grace has a little girl in her class named Layla and ALL the kids love saying her name. Sometimes Grace will just say it over and over. SWEET!

Finally, if that ultrasound tech says it's a girl, I would believe her. They are pretty accurate MOST of the time. You occasionally hear of them being wrong, but not often!

Congratulations! I am really excited for you!

Crystal said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I love little girls!!! :) There is so much fun in store for you, and I can't wait to go shopping!!! I know that Ella Claire and Layla will have great times together in the years to come!

thecreasycrew said...

We are so excited for you! Congrats! Girls are so much fun!!

The 5 Simpsons said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys!

Lori said...

Woo Hoo!! Start saving your money!! It is hard to pass up all of the adorable baby girl stuff! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! A girl! I'm very excited for you guys. She will have several girl cousins on both sides to look up to and play with!

Anonymous said...

oops....didn't sign my name. The above comment was from Sandra Chetelat