Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Pics

I went to a local center that helps pregnant women and I modeled for them - I let them do an ultrasound and put the whole thing on their video and keep lots of ultrasound pictures for their records. It was really cool. There were two women in there with me, a nurse and a friend of the family that works at the center. It lasted a little over 30 minutes and the two women were so much fun. We just laughed and joked and oooed and aaawwwed and the nurse pointed out and explained everything to me. It truly was a wonderful experience. We still don't know for sure if it's a boy or a girl, and she wouldn't tell me what she thought. Her reason for not telling is because she says she's not trained in that so it's purely a guess and she doesn't want to get our hopes up for one and it turn out to be the other. I can respect that, but I definitely tried to get her to tell me anyway. But, based on a few comments and one picture (that we're keeping to ourselves), Keith and I think we might know what it is. But since it's all just guessing, we'll keep this to ourselves too, until we hear official word from the doctor. Li'l Westbrook was very active at the ultrasound. The whole time it was either kicking it's legs or crossing them at the ankles. And, I got to watch it open and close it's right hand and stick it up to it's mouth and open it's mouth. It was so cute and we just oooed and the nurse rewound the recording so we could watch it again.

So, here's the pictures from the ultrasound:

My favorite - the crossed legs with hands up by it's head:

One arm sticking up, bent at the elbow:

Profile:

Top of head:

Arm stretched across and fingers on left:

Backbone, rump and legs bent back up:

Backbone, rump, and legs bent at 90 degree angle:

And finally, here's the latest belly pic; taken today when I am 17 weeks 0 days:


Enjoy!

7 comments:

thecreasycrew said...

OH come on let us see and let us guess!

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

i LOVE the new pictures! just amazes me everytime i see ultrasound pictures! that is so fun that you got to experiance that again. i know you have to be so excited and ready to find out if it's a boy or girl! :)

gipsonsontherocks said...

I know what it is!!!! I have a sixth sense about these things!! Hee hee!! You look beautiful! I don't think I will ever really understand the miracle that is being pregnant with a new life inside! It is incredible. Let us know when you can feel all that activity.

Crystal said...

I think it is a girl!! Oh the fun that would be in store for you!!! Anyways, you look great and I can't wait to find out for sure. Keep us informed, I love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

hey lisa! I have a guess what it might be too, but I'll keep it to myself =).
I thought I said hey and I like to the pictures =)

Like I said I can't wait to find out!

Amy Barrett said...

Oh... what was the heartbeat??? I want to guess!!

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

She had a hard time getting the heartbeat b/c the baby was so active, but when she was able to pinpoint it for about 4 seconds, it was 134 bpm.